GattiHR Industrial recruits Tim Roper as Structural & Steel Products’ Senior Estimator. Tom Conroy & Robert Cwenar lead this search.
Structural & Steel Products is a major distributor and manufacturer of highway infrastructure products. In addition to the many steel highway products we distribute, we have two manufacturing facilities that encompass 247,000 square feet of space in which we fabricate a wide variety of steel products.
The Estimator is responsible to collect and analyze data in order to estimate the cost of materials, services and labor required to manufacture and deliver a product based on the customer’s specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Identify and quantify cost factors for a project including raw material, equipment resource requirements, outside service requirements, time and labor costs
2. Gather information as needed on material needed, labor requirements and other factors are documented in the project specifications
3. Read and comprehend blueprints and other technical documents necessary to prepare accurate estimates including but not limited to weld symbols, NDT requirements, and finishing (coatings)
4. Ability to effectively collaborate and with customers, manufacturing, co-workers and external service providers
5. Work with sales personnel to prepare estimates for project bids