We are looking for resourceful Search Director to join our expanding Boston office. We seek a smart, self-directed professional who prefers a high-energy, start-up culture and who aspires to be part of a culture of collaboration and an extraordinary place to work. The successful candidate will be a smart, results-oriented, positive, and deeply curious recruiter at heart, and someone who is absolutely thrilled by the hunt for the ideal candidate. Search Directors are critical members of our team and have a direct impact on our ability to deliver the results we promise to our clients. As a Search Director, you will source targeted industry leaders through solid investigative research, networking, and relationship building and will manage search strategies from conception to completion.
– Develop deep and memorable relationships with candidates and clients.
– Identify new prospective candidates through a variety of channels and represent career opportunities to them in a clear and productive manner.
– Deliver consistent and meaningful candidate outreach efforts in support of candidate development processes.
– Build a working understand of the requirements for each role and the unique attributes of each client’s culture and operating environment.
– Utilize discretion and independent judgment in evaluating potential candidates to determine whether their background, experience, skill set, and personal attributes are consistent with the needs of each client.
– Deliver on the productivity targets and deadlines required by each search engagement.
– Develop engagement specific search strategies and partner closely with search colleagues to ensure the unique needs of each search and client are met.
Required Skills & Qualifications
Above all, success in this role requires a strong interest in helping people succeed in their careers and helping clients build stronger, more competitive workforces. If you join our team, you will need the following:
– Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to influence candidates and decision makers by presenting well-structured, logical, and objective arguments and analysis.
– Exceptional customer service, project management, and organizational skills complemented by the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
– Ability to identify and prioritize the needs of each search, client, and candidate – keeping each moving in a positive direction.
– Commitment to follow-up and follow-through. Well-organized and strong time management skills.
– Capacity for, and an interest in, continuous learning – each assignment is an opportunity to explore a new industry, organizational culture, and talent vertical.
– Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.
– A collaborative, positive “can-do” attitude.
– Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, Marketing, or the social sciences.
– Prior experience as an HR professional is welcome but not required.
– Past experience as an executive recruiter is NOT required.
We are an HR Services Firm with a 35-year history and a start-up attitude. We are a different kind of firm. A firm that builds long-term relationships with companies by helping them find, keep, and manage extraordinarily talented people. Our executive search, workforce analytics, and HR tech practices allow us to serve clients across the employee life cycle, helping our clients to be more competitive and successful.
One of the most critical assets we have is our team. We aim to be the absolute best place to work for people who love tackling tough challenges in a fast-paced, respectful, incredibly professional, and outrageously informal culture. A culture where the best ideas win, serving our clients is the number one priority, and doing the right thing is always the route taken.
In joining our firm, you would be part of a team that believes in delivering world-class client and candidate experiences and sees professional growth and development, social responsibility, and the financial health of our firm and our colleagues as top priorities.
Have we peaked your interest? We’d welcome the chance to tell you more.
When applying, please include “Search Director” in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience